Just as the sun is the center of the solar system, the table games rest in the middle of the casino system, attracting visitors ever inward and at the same time providing the main source of energy and vitality to the floor. Table games
are grouped together into areas known in casino lingo as pits. The pits are separated from slot machines, restaurants, and other casino functions by a wide aisle, allowing nonplayers to watch the action and vicariously enjoy the thrill of
turning over the winning card or nailing the winning roll.
Table games you can play include
– Baccarat: The classic card game is often played in a separate room to create a more civilized and secluded atmosphere.
– Blackjack: Determine your own fate with smart decisions and timely double downs.
– Craps: Roll the dice and hear the crowd roar in the most boisterous game on the floor.
– Poker: It’s just like your neighborhood game, except you never have to shuffle.
– Roulette: Pick a number, place your bet, and then watch the spinning wheel go round and round.
If you’re a high roller, the most exclusive gaming tables with the highest betting limits are often in adjoining rooms, separated by glass from the other tables. They feature fancy amenities, such as private cocktail servers or a bar.
But most table games are designed for moderate bettors. The loud, boisterous call of a lively crowd gathered around the craps table can seem like a siren song to players tempted to leave the boredom and repetition of the slots, and that’s no accident. The intimate nature of the poker table beckons would-be strategists, while the smoky haze surrounding a blackjack game cries out to the novice with its lack of intimidation.